We perform automated backups of all your data for every Microsoft 365 service and a snapshot, or a Version, of your account. This is the exact state of your account as of the moment of the backup process.
This allows you to view, restore, and migrate data not only from the latest backup, but from the exact version of files, folders, contacts, events, etc. Note: Spin only stores 100 latest versions of your data.
Here is a quick guide!
1. From the left panel of your dashboard, click Users.
2. In a new window you will see a list of all your domain users. Find the name of the user, whose data needs to be viewed, restored, or migrated. You can select a specific application you want to view by clicking on the user and choosing the application that you need either by selecting the name of the application or the symbol.
3. In another new window you will see your latest backup version. Click on the Version button in order to change it to any other date.
In a pop-up window you can choose the required version by finding it in the list or choosing the required date in the calendar. When the version is chosen, press Ok.
4. Now you can see the backup version you have selected. You can click on a file to open it and view the content, to make sure that this is the file you need.
Note: Spin saves the last 100 backup versions. If a message or file in your Microsoft 365 was backed up earlier than 100 versions ago, hence it does not exist in the accessible 100 versions, you can find it in the Archive section.
5. Press Restore.
6. A new tab will appear, where you can select the e-mail address of your domain user you want to send the restored data to. You can select only among those users, who are licensed in Spin. Then press the Start restore button.
7. Spin will notify you as soon as the restoration process is done. You can find the restored mailbox in the “Restored by SpinOne at…” folder.
The same restoration process above can be repeated for OneDrive, Calendar, and Contacts. Select the desired user(s) and backed up Microsoft 365 service data you would like to restore and follow the steps illustrated above. At the end, you will receive an “Restored by SpinOne at…” folder for every restoration task.